Bookings Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions are designed to give the booking Group/Organisation a clear and descriptive understanding of the group’s responsibilities as well as a binding record of the Doone Kennedy Hobart Aquatic Centre operational guidelines.
- DKHAC is Doone Kennedy Hobart Aquatic Centre
- Manager means the Manager of DKHAC, or his / her designate.
- Agreement means the written Booking Confirmation Agreement entered into between DKHAC and the Group/Organisation.
- Group/Organisation is as defined in the Agreement and shall include all servants, agents, contractors, associated persons and invitees of the Group/Organisation.
- Tentative bookings may be accepted, and will be held for a period of 14 days. The hirer is responsible for contacting the centre if an extension to this period is required, otherwise the booking will be cancelled.
- Bookings are not approved until the hirer has received the confirmation in writing.
- The hirer will be responsible for any damage to any centre property, whether caused by the hirer or any other person or persons associated with the function. Should this occur, centre may raise an invoice for any additional costs.
- Confetti, zinc cream, streamers, horns or similar items are not permitted in the centre.
- All beverages consumed at centre’s facilities during the booking/event must be in containers other than glass.
- All directions issued by authorised centre staff are to be followed at all times.
- Emergency access is to be maintained at the venue at all times.
- All fixtures or other items brought into the venue are to be removed immediately after completion of the event.
- Centre staff are not permitted to set up hirer’s equipment unless prior authorisation from management has been arranged.
- The operation of additional services eg. water polo goals and basketball hoops are not the function of DKHAC.
- Large water based equipment eg. Kayaks, rafts, surfboards have a minimum lane space requirement.
The Manager shall have full responsibility of the operations of the DKHAC and shall act on its behalf on all matters of management, supervision and control of the premises.
The person signing this Agreement on behalf of the Group/Organisation warrants that they are duly authorised to do so.
Risk & Release
The Group/Organisation uses the DKHAC, its programs, facilities and any equipment in the premises entirely at their own risk and releases DKHAC and DKHAC staff from all claims, demands and liability of any kind which may arise in respect of the use of the DKHAC programs, facilities and equipment, including any accident, damage or injury occurring to any person or property in or about the premises.
The Group/Organisation shall indemnify DKHAC against all losses, actions, demands, damages, costs and expenses incurred by DKHAC howsoever arising from the use of the DKHAC programs, facilities and equipment by the Group/Organisation and its Associated Persons, including but not limited to loss, damage or injury to property or persons.
- All breakages and damages must be entered in the Risk Identification Register and reported to the Manager as soon as possible (within 48 hours). Where fault is determined to lay with the Group/Organisation a charge will be applied for the repair(s).
- All accidents must be entered into the Accident Report Register and reported to the Manager as soon as possible (within 12 hours).
- DKHAC is responsible for all facility emergencies and the Group/Organisation is required to follow the direction of DKHAC staff if a facility emergency arises.
- No portion of the entries, doorways, corridors, passageways or stairways shall be impeded by the Group/Organisation, or used for any purpose other than that which they were designed.
- Access to public utilities, fire-hoses, vents, lighting fixtures and switches, must not be covered or obstructed at any time.
Misplaced, Lost, Stolen and Abandoned Property
DKHAC shall assume no responsibility whatsoever for losses suffered in respect of any misplaced, lost, abandoned or stolen property.
Compliance with Laws
The Group/Organisation shall promptly comply with all laws whatsoever, and wherever applicable, all directions of government authorities and these terms and conditions.
Objectionable Use or Behaviour
Any use of the DKHAC, which is in violation of any laws, shall be a violation of the agreement and shall be grounds for immediate termination of the Agreement between the Group/Organisation and DKHAC.
Any person(s) whose conduct is objectionable, disorderly or disruptive to the DKHAC or in violation of any law, may be refused entrance or may immediately be ejected from the DKHAC.
Booking cancellations by the Group/Organisation are subject to the following policy:
- Must be forwarded to DKHAC in writing, and acknowledged in writing by DKHAC
- 10 days or more prior to the event – no cancellation fee
- Between 10 days and two days of the event – 50% of fee payable
- Within 48 hours of the event – 100% of fee payable
The centre reserves the right to cancel/postpone bookings in the event that an event of significance is booked for the same date & time.
Where possible an alternate will be offered at no cost to the user.
DKHAC offers this Agreement in good faith based on the details provided by the Group/Organisation to it, and reserves the right to advise of alterations or additions to this Agreement should any mistakes, miscalculations or omissions become apparent.